Composite Entity implements a Business Object using local entity beans and POJOs. When implemented with bean-managed persistence, a Composite Entity uses Data Access Objects to facilitate persistence. The Composite Entity pattern aggregates business entities into a coarse grained entity.
The following lists the benefits of using the Composite Entity pattern:
- Increases maintainability
- Improves network performance
You should use the Composite Entity pattern to:
- Avoid remote entity beans
- Leverage bean managed persistence (BMP) with custom persistence implementation
- Encapsulate POJO business objects