Session Façade provides coarse-grained services to the clients by hiding the complexities of the business service interactions. A Session Façade might invoke several Application Service implementations or Business Objects. A Session Façade can also encapsulate a Value List Handler. The Session Façade pattern provides a coarse-grained service of business components to remote clients. This is the same as a Façade pattern as described in GOF Design Patterns, but just provides an interface to a service instead of code.
The following lists the benefits of using the Session Facade pattern:
- Reduces the number of calls to the business component from the client
- Reduces coupling between the tiers
- Improves performance by reducing fine-grained calls from client
- Provides a cleaner API to the client
- You should use the Session Facade pattern when:
- You have a series of calls to make to business components from the client.