posted 30 Dec 2010, 00:17 by Sanjeev Kumar
updated 11 Nov 2011, 06:03
Here are a few quick pointers to improve code quality in agile teams and to deliver stories completely without leaving bugs behind.
- Improve how retrospectives are done so they can effectively detect and address these kinds of quality problems.
- If there are quality differences in the code written by different team members, have the better programmers find ways to raise the quality of code written by others.
- Focus on defect prevention, not just detection. Tools that can help are:
- code inspections
- Use pair-programming to improve knowledge sharing within the team. It seems expensive but mostly it is worth it.
- Begin regular use of static or dynamic code analysis tools.